Thursday, February 21, 2013

Books I've loved reading since I started homeschooling a year ago

Wow, I was surprised to see how much I've read this year!  

One principle of Thomas Jefferson Education is "you, not them." This means that parents and leaders set the example of loving and prioritizing learning, and getting a great education themselves.  I love the excuse to study these wonderful books, some with my family, and some with our homeschool youth group! 






           

I've also read some good children's literature:

  • The Jungle Book
  • Sleeping Beauty
  • The Sign of the Beaver
  • The Trumpeter of Krakow 
  • Otto of the Silver Hand     

And some fabulous talks, articles, and documents:


(A few of the above books I read right before we started homeschooling. The few below are ones I'll be reading in the next couple months.)



Books I'll be reading Soon for our Homeschool Youth Group 

1 comment:

Luke and Mariah said...

What a great list! I can't wait to check them out! Thanks for sharing!!