Friday, December 20, 2013

Our New Family Tradition...Build Your Own Nativity

We created a new family tradition tonight!  

It was a sweet, simple, yet powerful and touching way to celebrate Jesus. 

We got the idea from the amazing Meg Johnson. Check out Meg's page for simple instructions. 

Meg gives a quote from church leaders about each item in the nativity. Each person silently reads their quote and then thinks of a household item to represent their person or item. 

Then you take turns reading your quote and sharing your thoughts and feelings about why you chose your item. It was insightful and sweet to see what each person chose and why. 



Grace had three girlfriends over for the afternoon and evening. They had a do-each-other's-hair day. They'll probably not be thrilled with me when they see that I posted this picture online...  But they're such cute girls!  



 My four favorite males on the planet.






One of my favorite males snuggling with his Mama.  I closed the activity with my testimony of Jesus. I love celebrating Him. I hope you do too. 




I invite you to try this fun tradition yourself!  I hope your family likes it as much as we did. 

1 comment:

Meg said...

Thanks for sending me the link to this page! I loved seeing the finished product. Merry Cristmas to your whole family :) Meg.