Thursday, December 5, 2013

Who wants to join me in a 28-day Book of Mormon challenge?

(I posted this on my Facebook page on December 3, 2013.) 


My son's seminary teacher (also our dear friend, Bruce-Kaziah Chang) challenged his class to read the entire Book of Mormon in the month of December. 


I did the math and it's about 18 pages a day for 30 days. I invited a few friends to join me and we're off to a good start! 


I know December is a nutty month for a mom to take on a challenge like this, but I prayed about it and it felt right! If you start tomorrow, you could just do the math to see how many pages a day it would take to finish by the end of the year. My friend said it's only taking her 40 minutes a day, but it's taking me much longer because I get so much more from it when I take notes and journal about things.


Some of my favorite verses this time around so far: 1 Nephi 4:6 and 1 Nephi 6:4. Also, 1 Nephi 16:18-24 is an awesome contrast of how a person reacts to trials if they have God's spirit with them or if they don't.


My girlfriends and I are going out to lunch on New Year's day to share what we've learned and the blessings we've noticed. I am writing a question each day and then watching for clues to the answer as I read, and writing my thoughts down afterward. It's amazing how God can answer your personal questions and problems through the scriptures and His Spirit!




No comments: