Monday, March 24, 2014

Last night our living room was filled with handsome young men studying The Infinite Atonement...and it was their idea.


Our young men president told the priests that he loved The Infinite Atonement by Tad Callister. So Adam invited them to meet on Sunday nights and read a chapter a week. 




I decided to stay close by and listen. 

Each boy read a page, and when chapter one was finished, the room really filled with the Spirit. Because these big, burly, tough boys started to share their thoughts, feelings, and testimonies about the importance of the Savior's Atonement. I love these boys. 

Adam got invited by another group of young men to study Preach My Gospel on Tuesday mornings before late start school day. The host mom provides breakfast, and the boys read and discuss the book. As far as I know, this was also started by a young man. 

Ever since President Monson announced that young men can serve missions right after graduating from high school, I felt like our homes need to be an MTC. It's awesome when the pre-missionary boys take charge of getting some good training. 

Can I say Helaman's stripling warriors?  

Did I mention I love these boys. 







Here is my sweet almost-deacon sitting next to me.  

Reading his scriptures while the big boys discuss the book. He will be twelve this week, and is super duper excited to do baptisms on his birthday with his twin brother. 




Adam said to the boys, "Hey, a cookie night every week. Not bad, right?" 

Our young men president said something like, "You guys will feel like not coming next time. You'll have other things to do. You'll be tempted not to come. But if you miss once, you'll want to miss again. So just come. I promise you'll be blessed." 

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

That is beautiful, I'm so glad you shared! You can really see the strength of the youth and the priesthood when they join together in living the Gospel. I love those boys too!