Tuesday, June 10, 2014

The 3-Day Big Lunch Salad


Don't you feel better when you eat more fresh, raw foods? I sure do. 

My two favorite ways of upping my ratio of raw foods is a smoothie for breakfast and a big salad for lunch. 

Here's how to save time while eating clean. And eating yummy too! 

Southwest Chicken Salad -- for three big lunch salads 

  • 1 head Romaine lettuce (or whatever greens you want)
  • 1 bunch cilantro
  • 1 cucumber or bell pepper 
  • 1 can corn, drained
  • 1 can black beans, all natural, rinsed and drained 
  • 1 can chicken, all natural, drained (we get ours from Sams Club)
  • avocado and tomato (these need to be saved and chopped the day of)

1. Chop and prep away. 



2. Divide the ingredients into three food containers. 
My favorites are glass or BPA-free plastic. 
3. Avocado and tomato won't store well so I chopped enough for today's salad. 




4. I top my salad with salsa and my homemade ranch. I love flavor so I usually sprinkle on some extra onion and garlic powder, chili powder and cumin. Recipe for dressing below. 




5. Eat one today, and sleep well tonight knowing you have two more fresh, yummy lunches ready and waiting! 





Healthy Ranch Dressing

2 cups Veganaise brand mayonnaise 
(This is my favorite mayo. My favorite version is made from grapeseed oil. Find these in the dairy case at the health food store.)
1/2 cup water 
2 Tablespoons raw apple cider vinegar 
2 Tablespoons parsley flakes 
1 teaspoon salt 
1 teaspoon garlic powder 

Place all ingredients in a quart jar and shake until well blended. Or use a hand immersion blender. Yum! 







2 comments:

Lisa said...

Perfect!! I'm about to go grocery shopping and will add these ingredients to the list. Thanks! :-D

Becky Edwards said...

You're welcome Lisa. I'd love to hear how it went for you.