Thursday, August 21, 2014

Summer tradition...15-minute family work project


Some days this summer we started a new tradition. 

We tacked onto our morning chore routine a 15-minute family work project

I L.O.V.E.D. it!  

It is amazing how much progress you can make when several people focus on one work project. Sometimes we got going and decided to work longer one day and skip the next few days. 

I got virtually every kitchen drawer and cupboard de-junked, wiped down, and tidied. We cleaned out the garage, deep cleaned light fixtures and ceiling fans! These are all tasks that aren't part of our normal housework system. I think I'll make this a new summer tradition. 















I have a fun little toy. It's called a label maker. I had fun with it in this drawer! 


Click here to see organizing ideas for each room of the house! 


Click here for the Edwards family's five-part housework system...tips from a professional organizer. 

No comments: