|This is my son's MTC group. They were all learning French but heading to various countries. My son Adam is the Elder in the back row, furthest left. God bless the Lord's missionaries!|
- You will come to know what dedication and consecration mean.
- You will develop powers of persuasion which will bless your entire life.
- Your timidity, your fears, your shyness will gradually disappear as you go forth with boldness and conviction.
- You will learn to work with others, to develop a spirit of teamwork.
- The cankering evil of selfishness will be supplanted by a sense of service to others.
- You will draw nearer to the Lord than you likely will in any other set of circumstances.
- You will come to know that without His help you are indeed weak and simple, but that with His help you can accomplish miracles.
- You will establish habits of industry.
- You will develop a talent for the establishment of goals of effort.
- You will learn to work with singleness of purpose. What a tremendous foundation all of this will become for you in your later educational efforts and your life’s work. Two years will not be time lost. It will be skills gained.
- You will bless the lives of those you teach, and their posterity after them.
- You will bless your own life.
- You will bless the lives of your family, who will sustain you and pray for you.
- And above and beyond all of this will come that sweet peace in your heart that you have served your Lord faithfully and well.
- Your service will become an expression of gratitude to your Heavenly Father.
- You will come to know your Redeemer as your greatest friend in time or eternity.
- You will realize that through His atoning sacrifice He has opened the way for eternal life and an exaltation above and beyond your greatest dreams. If you serve a mission faithfully and well,
- you will be a better husband,
- you will be a better father,
- you will be a better student,
- a better worker in your chosen vocation.
|Here is my son Elder Adam Edwards. He's serving in the Paris, France mission. He has been in his first area of Belgium for a month.|
This would make a great FHE lesson to help your children and teens get excited about serving a mission.
You could print a copy of the quote for each family member, and have them underline or highlight each blessing they would like to receive. I hope they'll mark most or all of them! Then they can each share one or two of their favorite promised blessings. Then brainstorm together ways you can prepare as a family for your future missionary service, as well as ways to be missionaries right now. Each of you can write down one thing that you'll do to prepare or share the gospel.