Sunday, February 1, 2015

Chocolate comfort food storage with a Food Saver


Although I like to eat healthy and cook from scratch, I love the idea of having comfort foods in our food storage.



One of my favorites is natural semi-sweet chocolate chips from Costco. 51% cocao and real vanilla. Yum. One 4.5 pound bag fits in three quart jars. That's about 4 cups, or two 12-ounce bags per jar. I'm thinking they may be easier to ration if I use smaller jars next time.




Chocolate chips are supposed to last for years once they're sealed air-tight with a Food Saver. I have friends who do this with M&Ms or Hershey kisses, buying them on the after-holiday sales. Those wouldn't last in my house. 




I also buy raw almonds in bulk. The Food Saver is a great way to make them last longer too. 




Mmmmm, chocolate and almonds. Are you thinking what I'm thinking? 




Click here for a post about bottling spices with a Food Saver. 

3 comments:

Lila Brennan said...

these are really good food saver for storing and preserving chocloate for long time.

appliancesboard said...

Food vacuum sealer is a superb part of tiny appliance to own as part of your kitchen area because it really can conserve moment as well as funds in the end. Thanks for sharing this useful post.

appliancescastle said...

I really like your writing style and how you express your ideas. This is truly a great read for me. Thank you for a very informative post.