Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Elder Holland on marriage, fearing not, and hanging onto your faith amid questions


Elder Holland recently gave a POWERFUL fireside to seminary and institute teachers worldwide.




Click here to watch the whole fireside.
Note: Elder Holland's talk starts at 17:49 and lasts about 40 minutes.  Before that is choir music, a prayer by my dear friend, and a 5 minute talk that I loved. 

Click here to listen AND READ Elder Holland's talk only.
I'm excited to print and mark it up. He titled it "Be Not Afraid, Only Believe."  

Click here for a summary of his talk from Deseret News. 


I loved having the honor of attending Elder Holland's fireside a couple weeks ago! Have you ever felt changed and healed from a particular talk? That's what this fireside did for me as a seminary teacher.  Elder Holland did some good pulpit pounding and got me crying from feeling the Spirit. I love that man!  I came home and typed up my notes for my missionary son Adam. I hope you love the talk too. How could you not -- it's Elder Holland, right?  

And if you've ever felt inadequate or compared yourself to others in a church calling, parenthood, or anything else you do, listen to the powerful message of the 5-minute talk by Elder Paul Johnson right before Elder Holland's talk. It was healing to my soul. 



This is me and Mike in line to get into the tabernacle. I'm feeling excited, because Elder Holland is my favorite!  


Sorry my phone camera was blurry. But you can tell it's Elder Holland, right?


The organist was Bonnie Goodliffe, our son Adam's organ teacher who plays for the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. She's amazing.

Some of our seminary teacher friends and their wives sang in the beautiful choir! It sounded awesome. 

 I love how before and after sunset, the temple stood out with more light than anything around it. Beautiful symbolism. 


Here is what Elder Holland just posted on his Facebook page about his talk: 


It was my great privilege to address our remarkable religion teachers in the Church Educational System recently. In my message to them I said: 
“If any of your students are unsettled, or if you are unsettled, reassure one and all that the victory in this final contest has already been declared. The victory is already in the record books—these books, the scriptures! We know for certain that if and when everything else in the latter days is down or dying; if governments, economies, industries, and institutions crumble; if societies and cultures become a quagmire of chaos and insecurity, nevertheless, through it all the gospel of Jesus Christ and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints that bears that gospel to the world will stand triumphant. It will stand undefiled in God’s hand until the very Son of God Himself comes to rule and reign as Lord of lords and King of kings. Nothing is more certain in this world.”


1 comment:

Melissa said...

Thank you so much for sharing this! I am excited to read this, I love Elder Holland.