Sunday, February 1, 2015

Mike was released as an LDS Bishop today. What an honor to serve the Lord by serving the Lord's children.


It's amazing how much can happen in a family in five years. Our two oldest children graduated from high school. Malia got married, became a mom, and is ready to graduate from UVU this spring. Adam left on a mission to Paris, France. I taught institute and seminary, did public speaking and blogging. I got to see the Holy Land with my mom. We started homeschooling our children. Mike started his own law firm. Our boys now all hold the priesthood. Mike left the National Guard for a couple years and just rejoined so he can finish up for retirement. And we have all grown in the gospel A LOT. 



This morning we took a couple last pictures in Mike's bishop's office before he turns it over to our new bishop. 



Here is a copy of the Bishop's Challenge Mike gave to our ward. 


It turns out our new bishop is our across-the-street neighbor, Bishop Russ Parker. This family is near and dear to my heart. I absolutely adore his wife Monica. They are two of the most loving, pure people I know, with beautiful testimonies of the Savior and a strong desire to serve. 






My 15-year-old daughter said to me, "Wow, he is a young bishop." I also thought it might be intimidating that he hasn't been in a bishopric before. But the thought came to mind that Joseph Smith was only 24 when the Lord had him restore an entire church! THAT would be intimidating too. Just as the Lord helped Joseph Smith, I know the Lord will help this good man to become a wonderful bishop. It's how the Lord's system works. It's a beautiful system. And we all grow and help each other because of it. 



The training began right after church. 


Both bishops have had the blessing of living in the shadow of this beauty. It's just around the corner and we love living so close to it. It almost feels like we live by a temple.
I love my beautiful friend Monica. She is expecting baby number four. I am ready to support this wonderful family in every way I can. 


By the way, Monica is so pretty that she's been a model on a billboard, in a hospital brochure, and the star of a Mormon Message called "I'm Holding You."





No comments: