Wednesday, April 29, 2015

2015 Best Internet Filter Software Review, and two free tips to avoid seeing yucky stuff online


Tomorrow I'm speaking at BYU Women's Conference about using social media for good, and avoiding the dangerous pitfalls of media. I've been studying my heart out about media for months (actually this has been a pet topic of mine for many years) but I'm not an expert about internet filters, so I'm posting this review from someone who is an expert.


Click here for the full article. 





Here are two of our family's favorite free tips to avoid seeing yucky stuff online. 


  • AdBlock Plus. This removes ads from sites like Facebook or Youtube. 
  • Safer searching by using the space bar in the URL.  For example, "Amazon.com [space bar] Camelbak water bottle." 





1 comment:

Melissa said...

Good luck tomorrow!! I love all these great resources you share on your website. Just put adblock plus on my phone and it worked great. Thank you!