If your child or teen has any internet device, please watch the video below to protect your child!
Officer Gomez Internet Safety Class
Wow. I have been studying the effects of media for years, and I learned things from Officer Gomez that I never knew before.
Note: I would recommend watching this with your spouse, but not with your kids. It's information I'm glad I learned as a parent, but I don't want my kids exposed to the information through a video. As parents we will teach our children these protections in our own words and when they're ready for them.
Click here for Generation Smartphone: A Guide for Parents of Tweens & Teens
This helpful article includes:
- 4 Questions to Ask Yourself To Determine If Your Child Is Ready for a Mobile Phone7
- Things to Do When You Get Your Tween or Teen a Mobile Device
- The Smartphone Family Meeting & What to Discuss
- How to Spot and Handle Bad Phone Behavior
- 4 Ways to Build Responsibility & Your Relationship With Mobile Phones
Click here for a list of Kids' Rules for Online Safety.