Thursday, May 28, 2015

Who wants to join me in a 90-day Book of Mormon challenge this summer?


I absolutely LOVE the Book of Mormon. I crave it. It is delicious to me. 



I have missed reading it this year, although I have absolutely loved studying the Doctrine and Covenants more in depth than ever before. Tomorrow is my last seminary lesson this year. Sniff, sniff. I considered pushing through the Old Testament as fast as I could this summer to get a good overview before teaching it next year. But I keep feeling like I should study the Book of Mormon again. (Happy dance!)

If you want to join me, from June 1 to August 30, you would need to read six pages per day to finish in 90 days. I'm going to shoot for eight pages to give myself a cushion. 

Studying and living this book is about the surest way I know of to boost your testimony and conversion and bring you closer to Christ.  

Elder Kevin W. Pearson said, "If you are struggling, confused, or spiritually lost, I urge you to do the one thing I know will get you back on track. Begin again to prayerfully study the Book of Mormon and live its teachings every day, every day, every day! I testify of the profound power in the Book of Mormon that will change your life and strengthen your resolve to follow Christ." (Ensign, May 2015)



video


Who's with me?? 



Click here for quotes about the power of studying the Book of Mormon. 

Click here for a bookmark to check off the chapters and days you read. 



Click here for a 90-day reading schedule from this blogger.




Click here for a super cool calculator that figures how much to read to finish any scripture book in a certain time.  


Click here if you want to gain a stronger testimony of the Book of Mormon by reading only about a dozen verses a day for 21 days. 

Click here or here to see the 30-day Book of Mormon challenge I took 1 1/2 years ago that changed me inside. 




Click here if you want to join a Facebook group I created just for anyone joining this challenge. We can share thoughts, feelings, and discussions as we study over the summer! 


The Facebook I created to discuss what we are studying, sharing ideas and support. 

Here are two of my favorite sources to make your scripture reading more of feasting. Yum...

  • "A Reservoir of Living Water" by Elder David A. Bednar teaches several great methods of feasting on the scriptures. 
  • Please Pass the Scriptures is a great book with tiny chapters of various ways to get more from your scripture study. Several years ago I used this when I taught institute.

10 comments:

Alex said...

This sounds great. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

I'd love to do this! Thank you!

FollowingTheProphet said...

Great idea! I'm in!

Marque Powell said...

I'd love to do it

Adele Kammeyer said...

Sounds wonderful! Thank you!

Cammi said...

I was planning this as well, how fun to have a group doing it together! Thanks for the invitation! Count me IN!

Cristi said...

I'm excited! I once had a Gospel Doctrine teacher challenge us at the beginning of December to read the whole Book of Mormon before the New Year began. I had missed the first Sunday when he made the challenge, so I got started a week late, so basically I read/listened to it in just about 3 weeks time. That was an amazing experience! I am looking forward to doing it in 90 days and am going to get a distribution copy to mark to my heart's content. I am also going to set a strong intention of something I want to find an answer to so that while I'm reading, the answer will become more evident to me. Thanks so much!!

Wanda B said...

I finished last week and have already restarted and I am in 2 Nephi again. I love these challenges and all the comments from what everyone is learning. This is my favorite book of scripture! So many amazing examples and wonderful people and so many teachings. I always get so emotional in so many places but Mormon 6 is one of the saddest chapters for me, it is so heartbreaking and hopeless. I can't imagine how difficult it was for Mormon and those he directed that were righteous. Thanks for the challenge and all of your comments and updates.

Anonymous said...

I did it! Thank you for the great challenge. :)

Vilot a Kerns said...

The 90 Day reading challenge is awesome. I made up a contest for my sisters and the winner gets a reward which I made as, I would buy them 2-3 bags of candy at Walmart.