Friday, July 17, 2015

How to Survive if you Couldn't Buy Toilet Paper, Kleenex, or Diapers

Okay, it's not the most pleasant thing to talk about. But wouldn't you rather be ready?? Here are three doable steps to get prepared. 




1. Here is a simple little system that would take care of TP needs. 
This video is less than 10 minutes. Believe me, you'll be glad you watched it. Several inexpensive items will save your hide down the road. No pun intended. 


2. Cut up some old t-shirts and flannel for TP, napkins, Kleenex, and baby wipes. 


I used pinking shears so I wouldn't have to sew the edges under. 

I cut different colors and sizes so we could tell them apart for different uses. 


In the Ziplok on the right is a stack of handkerchiefs I bought to use when Kleenex is gone. Then I started thinking that if cold season comes to a whole family at once those won't be enough. So I asked around some of my preparedness Facebook groups and this idea was suggested over and over to cut soft fabric for these uses. The fabric on the left is strips and scraps that I thought we could find uses for later. 

Click here for another cool option for toilet paper and first aid bandages that may surprise you! 



3. And cloth diapers if you have little ones. My daughter's favorite brand is GroVia.   

Here are my two granddaughters in their cute cloth diapers. Isn't it amazing that the same size can fit a two year old and a four month old?  If these snazzy diapers are too pricey for your preparedness needs, at least get some old fashioned rectangle diapers, fasteners, and plastic pants

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A lot of us cloth diaper moms store cloth diapers, wipes, family cloth (cloth to be used as toilet paper-there are easy ways to clean and sterilize) and cloth feminine pads and cups. :)

Jen and Allen said...

An answer to prayer for me was to save old socks that have holes in them for family cloth... I cut them in to a square or rectangles they are just the right size and they have just the right amount of "grip" to get clean and it is free.

Sydney Orton said...

Your post reminded me of a quote. "No matter how much you prepare, if you prepare without the Lord, it is not enough." Thank you for being an example to me of seeking inspiration from the Lord in your preparations.

Ashley said...

Do you just cut the fabric out with pinking shears....or do they have to be sewn around the edges?

Thank you so much! :)

Becky Edwards said...

Ashley, That's the nice thing about pinking shears, is that they omit the need to sew around the edges.