Friday, August 28, 2015

Did you know the 2013 edition of LDS scriptures has hundreds of updates?


Did you know that the 2013 edition of the LDS scriptures have hundreds of updates? 
Virtually all are in the study aids, like footnotes, Topical Guide, and Bible Dictionary. The Church has added new historical findings from the Joseph Smith Papers too. Exciting! 
Learning about this at BYU Education Week last week was the last straw to help with my agonizing decision to get new scriptures after 16 years of beloved layered markings in my old ones. I got the larger size and I'm loving them!

Click here to see a document that summarizes the updates.

Even though I'm grieving my old, beloved set of scriptures with 16 years of layered markings, I am falling in love with my new 2013 large set of scriptures. I mean, just look at these large margins. I even have room to write a sentence at the end of some verses or a phrase between lines.
Here's my plan. As I study for each of my seminary lessons, I will use my new, unmarked copy first to see the stories with fresh eyes, reading it with my favorite commentary Old Testament Made Easier by David Ridges, and then I'll check my former scriptures to see if there are other markings I want to move over. Have I ever mentioned how much I love, love, love these precious books??

3 comments:

ngroell said...

I love your blog! Just wanted you to know the link to the summaries of 2013 changes in the LDS Scriptures doesn't work for me. I have no problems with the other links on your blog. Thanks for checking on this as I would like to read about all the changes.

Becky Edwards said...

Thank you for letting me know! Try this link and please let me know if it works for you or not. https://www.lds.org/bc/content/shared/content/english/pdf/scriptures/approved-adjustments_eng.pdf

ngroell said...

Yes, that link worked. Thank you!