I LOVED President Nelson's talk about the powerful influence of deeply converted, covenant women of Christ.
I wanted to find a way to internalize this mega-inspiring message.
So I made a list of qualities from President Nelson's talk that the Lord is inviting us to develop to be that influence for Him. Did you notice how THREE different conference speakers invited us to ask the Lord in prayer, especially during the weekly sacrament, what He wants us to improve next? (See talks by Sister Neill Marriott, Elder Larry Lawrence, and Elder Robert D. Hales) This list would be a great place to get ideas in that weekly quest.
Here is an idea of how to use the list.
My friend Amy Benefield wrote 63 declarations or affirmations from the list below. She recommends recording them in your own voice and listening to them a couple times a day. She said adding inspiring background music can increase their positive effect. Click here for the statements Amy made from President Nelson's list.
We need women who are...
- Seen as distinct and different—in happy ways—from the women of the world
- Draw good women to the Church
- Ability to lead
- Your voice
- Women who make sacred covenants and then keep them
- Speak with the power and authority of God
- Organized and can organize
- Executive ability who can plan and direct and administer
- Women who can teach
- Women who can speak out
- Women with the gift of discernment who can view the trends in the world and detect those that, however popular, are shallow or dangerous.
- Know how to make important things happen by their faith
- Courageous defenders of morality in a sin-sick world
- Courageous defenders of family in a sin-sick world
- Devoted to shepherding God's children along the covenant path toward exaltation
- Know how to receive personal revelation
- Understand the power and peace of the temple endowment
- Know how to call upon the powers of heaven to protect and strengthen children and families
- Women who teach fearlessly
- Inspired prodding
- Sisters, do you realize the breadth and scope of your influence when you speak those things that come to your heart and mind as directed by the Spirit?
- Whatever your calling, whatever your circumstances, we need your impressions
- We need your insights
- We need your inspiration
- We need you to speak up
- We need you to speak out in ward and stake councils
- We need each married sister to speak as a contributing and full partner as you unite with your husband in governing your family
- Married or single, you sisters possess distinctive capabilities and special intuition you have received as gifts from God
- We brethren cannot duplicate your unique influence
- The culminating act of all creation was the creation of woman
- We need your strength!
- Because attacks against the Church, its doctrine, and our way of life are going to increase, we need women who have a bedrock understanding of the doctrine of Christ
- And who will use that understanding to teach and help raise a sin-resistant generation
- We need women who can detect deception in all of its forms
- We need women who know how to access the power that God makes available to covenant keepers
- Women who express their beliefs with confidence and charity
- We need women who have the courage and vision of our Mother Eve
- Nothing is more crucial to your eternal life than your own conversion
- It is converted, covenant-keeping women—women like my dear wife Wendy—whose righteous lives will increasingly stand out in a deteriorating world and who will thus be seen as different and distinct in the happiest of ways
- Today I plead with my sisters of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to step forward!
- Take your rightful and needful place in your home—more than you ever have before
- Take your rightful and needful place in your community—more than you ever have before
- Take your rightful and needful place in the kingdom of God—more than you ever have before
- I plead with you to fulfill President Kimball’s prophecy [in the meme below]
- I promise you in the name of Jesus Christ that as you do so, the Holy Ghost will magnify your influence in an unprecedented way!
- As one of His Apostles, I thank you, my dear sisters
- As one of His Apostles, I bless you to rise to your full stature, to fulfill the measure of your creation, as we walk arm in arm in this sacred work
- Together we will help prepare the world for the Second Coming of the Lord
|President Nelson said, "I plead with you to fulfill President Kimball's prophecy"|
My takeaway summary of President Nelson's talk:
God has a special work for you sisters to do in these last days, which starts with you building your own deep conversion and relationship with Christ. Then your happy light will shine and bring others to Christ and His gospel, especially your own family. You will be able to work miracles with your faith, discern truth from error, teach with the power and authority of God, and help build His kingdom. Working as a team with covenant-keeping men, together you will help prepare the world for the Savior's Second coming.
Click here for quotes about God giving us special assignments in the last days.
Click here for 20+ Amazing Things to Read about the Divine Importance of Motherhood.