Sunday, April 17, 2016

Have you created your own "I am" statements like the Savior did? The battle is real -- this will help you fight back.





Jesus loved to use "I am" statements to clarify His identity for us. 

Have you created any "I am" statements about yourself to clarify your own identity? If not, I invite you to do so. 

The adversary attacks our identity every day. The battle is real. 

Creating a list of statements about who you really are and then saying those aloud in affirmations or declarations each day, is a powerful way to fight back!

Below is a great list of "I am" statements my friend Tammy Ward recently shared with me. 

The day I saw this list I felt in a slump. After standing tall and saying this list aloud with some cool background music (here is the music I used) I felt my spirit and energy lift right up! "I am" statements are powerful. 

Write your own list or use these today. It only takes about 60 seconds. If you say it twice it's even better.


I am a cherished, beloved daughter of the most high God. 
He created me and He loves me!! 
I am abundant. 
I am a believer. 
I am cheerful. 
I am passionate. 
I am motivated. 
I am joyful. 
I am successful. 
I am worthy. 
I am a leader for God's army. 
I am smart. 
I am consistent. 
I am prayerful. 
I am healthy. 
I am organized. 
I am obedient. 
I am teachable and humble. 
I am a covenant keeper. 
I am virtuous. 
I am courageous. 
I am purposeful. 
I am a good listener.
I am forgiving. 
I am repenting. 
I am full of faith. 
I am an awesome mother. 
I am dependable. 
I am fun. 
I am (your name). 

Now, how do you feel? Your identity is under attack. Fight back by declaring your own "I am" statements today. 





Click here for a simple tool to flip negative thoughts into positive ones, and create declarations that are like your own set of armor against the fiery darts of the adversary. 


8 comments:

Hannah Stevenson said...

What a blessing you are to me today! I have been meaning to do something like this for years. Thank you!!

cornter said...

Great motivation for not only mothers but anyone who needs to refocus- love it!

Becky Edwards said...

Hannah and Cornter,

You are welcome! I'm glad you liked the post!

-Becky

-Wendy Roberts- said...

This is so perfect!! Working on identity and a meditation. And this was perfect. Thank you

-Wendy Roberts- said...

This is so perfect!! Working on identity and a meditation. And this was perfect. Thank you

Ryan Winn said...

This is awesome! Thanks Becky!

Ryan Winn said...

This is awesome! Thanks Becky!

Anonymous said...

"I Am" is a sacred title of Jesus Christ and I do not feel comfortable or feel it appropriate to take upon me that for myself.