Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Healthy Chocolate Fondue!


Yes, this does taste as delicious as it looks! 



 Healthy Chocolate Fondue 

1 cup coconut cream*
1 cup honey (ideally raw) 
1 cup cocoa powder 

Combine and mix. Because my honey is thick I warmed the mixture over the stove with a wire whisk. Don't get it hot if you want to keep the health properties of raw honey. If your honey is thinner, you can try a whisk in a bowl, or you could use a blender.  

*I used the thick part and not the watery part of the coconut cream. The coconut cream came from Trader Joe's. It looks like the Thai Kitchen brand coconut milk I buy at Wal-mart, but with less liquid. So I bet you could use coconut milk and again, just use the thick part. Try it and see what you think!



Here's a little treat dish I took to my neighbor who, like me, likes chocolate AND likes to eat healthy. She was thrilled! 



No comments: