Sunday, July 24, 2016

30-Day Challenge of Hearing the Lord's Voice


Check out this awesome challenge given by Wendy Watson Nelson, wife of President Russell M. Nelson.

I gave this challenge to my Relief Society today at church. Who wants to join me? 

Click here for a printable version of this handout bookmark with four on a page. 



Click here to see Sister Nelson's whole talk and my thoughts about.  

Here is my twist on doing the 30-day challenge: 

In my journal, I write down a question each morning. I call this "Q&A with God." Writing is awesome for a lot of reasons. 

  • Some days I have a specific question. 
  • Some days I ask what question God wants me to ask. 
  • Other days I ask what Heavenly Father would have me do to move forward in three main areas: my spirituality, my family, and moving forward in my trainings or business.  The picture below shows a Q&A with God about moving forward in those three areas. I like writing a little checkbox in the left margin to give me a place to check things off once I do them. 
I have found that with practice, I have become better at discerning answers and often the answers come while I'm still on my knees during my morning prayer, so I write them down then. Other times I find answers during my scripture study. Other times answers come from other sources -- a church talk, a BYU devotional I happen to hear, a prompting that came later in the day, or a comment from a friend. Sometimes I ask the same question day after day until tiny pieces of the puzzle start to come together and form an answer over time. 



There is no right or wrong way to do this 30 day challenge. 

The point is to ask, study, listen for the Spirit's answers, and follow those answers. That's the simple beauty of it. 

To learn more Click here for a printable of the WHY, HOW, and WHAT of hearing the voice of the Lord. 




1 comment:

linnellbelle said...

Thank you for sharing this!! I'm going to use the handout in my own YW lesson this morning. I LOVE this talk by Sister Wendy Nelson and appreciate you taking time to create this bookmark chart.