Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Video: Women! Stand up, speak up, and follow what you feel called to do.





Women! Stand up, speak up, and follow what you feel called to do. Your Influence in the last days is unprecedented. 


And when God says your mission is to focus exclusively on your family, then do it, even if it's hard and feels monotonous or the world mocks your choice. When I was about to give birth to my second baby my heart was set on getting a master's degree at BYU while my husband did law school there. It seemed like a great plan to me. But when I prayed about it the Lord told me no. I was devastated at the time, but I have looked back and seen tremendous layers of wisdom in that decision. You will never regret giving  attention to your family. Whatever God calls you to do in this stage of your life, do it, and you're influence will be magnified!

Here is a great quote by Harold B. Lee: “The most important of the Lord’s work that you will ever do will be the work you do within the walls of your own home" (Harold B. Lee, Decisions for Successful Living (1973), 248–49).

CLICK HERE for Russell M. Nelson's talk I refer to in the video. 

CLICK HERE for President Kimball's quote below. 
"To be a righteous woman during the winding up scenes on this earth, before the second coming of our Savior, is an especially noble calling. The righteous woman’s strength and influence today can be tenfold what it might be in more tranquil times."  ("Privileges and Responsibilities of Sisters," President Spencer W. Kimball, Oct. 1978 General Conference)




2 comments:

Project Create said...

I LOVE this talk. We as a Relief Society have used this talk as our focus each month on Fast SUnday for the past year. It is one of my all time favorite talks

Becky Edwards said...

What a great idea to focus on it every month! It is a POWERFUL talk. It has given me a deep gratitude that I live NOW rather than at any other time in the history of the world. I love being a woman in the last days, when my power and influence can be so much broader. God bless you!