Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Have you tried this? My favorite place to receive personal revelation.


Can I share my favorite place to receive personal revelation? 

The temple! 




A couple years ago I was invited to speak at BYU Women's Conference, and at the last minute didn't like the talk I had written. Yikes...

The Spirit prompted me to go serve in the temple, and afterward go to the outside waiting room (where children can go when waiting for a wedding) and that I would receive inspiration for my talk there. I spent several hours with paper and pencil, and received a rough draft of my entire talk. It was amazing. 

Yesterday I had a similar experience.

I'm giving several presentations at a retreat I'm hosting this weekend, and after spending a gorgeous, sunny afternoon sitting on the grounds, I had received all three presentations. God is so good! It wouldn't be appropriate to bring a journal inside the temple, but the grounds or the outside waiting room are great places to pray and write down answers. There is a clarity and purity of inspiration that isn't fettered with the adversary's interference. What a blessing. 

If you've never tried it, I invite you to!

Click here for more about personal revelation. 

2 comments:

Rozy Lass said...

I don't live close enough to a temple to go when I need that kind of inspiration. But there is a lovely park nearby that I retreat to where I have received much inspiration. I've never seen another person there, ever! It's like my own personal sacred grove.

Becky Edwards said...

Rozy,
I love that you've found your own place in nature that gives you that same peace and connection to God. My sister and her little family lived in Jerusalem for a couple years, where they didn't have a temple either. After a while, they realized the Garden Tomb area was like a temple to them. Isn't God wonderful to give us what we need?
Becky