Thursday, May 4, 2017

12 Talks in 12 Weeks: Talk #1 -- Becoming True Millenials by Russell M. Nelson


For the next while, I'm going to post my favorite takeaways of some powerhouse talks we are studying together in my Facebook group called 12 Talks in 12 Weeks. This series is a journal entry of sorts, of all the things I post in that group about each talk. (I'm also using the talks in a 12-week training program.




Here is Talk #1 -- Becoming True Millenials by President Russell M. Nelson 

Click here for a printable talk. I like numbering the paragraphs which makes it easier to discuss and share favorite takeaways. 

Click here to watch the talk. 

Here is a video of my favorite takeaways from the talk. 




Here is a blog post I wrote about the talk when it first came out. 

Here is a video of a cool way of studying the scriptures that boosts our faith that just as President Nelson said, with God's help, we can and will do impossible things! 


I love how President Nelson counsels us in this talk to expect and prepare to accomplish the impossible! Living in the last days, there are hard trials happening. And sometimes we receive a new calling or assignment or prompting to do something that feels scary, intimidating, overwhelming, or simply impossible. This talk boosts my faith that with God NOTHING is impossible! Here is a video I made last week explaining a method of studying the scriptures that boosts my faith that this is true. In paragraph 26 President Nelson said, "How will we accomplish the impossible? By doing whatever it takes to strengthen your faith in Jesus Christ... [then] when you are asked to impossible things, you will be able to step forward with faith and dogged persistence and cheerfully do all that lies in your power to fulfill the purposes of the Lord." I love that!





Here are some quote memes from the talk. 










Click here for a printable list of Atonement quotes.

Here is an Easter gift from me to you. A gathering of my favorite quotes about Christ's Atonement. It's a printable handout just the right size to glue into your scriptures. I love pulling it out during the sacrament to read and ponder a few quotes about what Christ has done for me. Although this isn't directly related to this week's talk, the Atonement of Christ is related to EVERYTHING in the gospel.  



Click here you'd like to join the Facebook group studying and sharing favorite takeaways from these 12 talks.

So far we have nearly 1500 people in the group! People are loving studying these power-packed talks and sharing their favorite parts. 



No comments: