Sunday, May 7, 2017

Mormon Ad Contest!


I'm holding a contest for a Mormon Ad type of meme with these words:

"Before tech, connect!"

I'd love it to show the concept that we need to connect with Heavenly Father through prayer and scripture study each day BEFORE getting distracted by technology like Facebook, etc. This goes along with these quotes:
  • "The most important [thing] you can do...is to immerse yourselves in the scriptures." (President Benson)
  • "Spiritual learning takes precedence." (President Kimball)
  • "Don’t yield to Satan’s lie that you don’t have time to study the scriptures. Choose to take time to study them. Feasting on the word of God each day is more important than sleep, school, work, television shows, video games, or social media. You may need to reorganize your priorities to provide time for the study of the word of God. If so, do it!" (Elder Scott)
  • "He that seeketh me early shall find me." (D&C 88:83) [Early in the day, before doing other things.]
For young and old people, it's too easy to get distracted by our phones or other gadgets, rather than putting God first and plugging into His power. This little saying can help us commit to put God first in our day! Although I like making memes, I had a feeling this would be fun to get other people involved, young and old alike! Even if you've never made a meme before, PicMonkey is a site I like to use, but there are others. You could Google meme tutorial and learn how. Or ask a teenager or young adult to teach you how. Learning to make your own memes a great way to share inspiring quotes using social media!

And just for fun, I'll throw in a prize of a little clay oil lamp, like the kind used in Jesus' day, that I purchased in Jerusalem.





Here are some Mormon Ads to give you ideas of what one looks like.

Use your imagination and have fun with it! If you think of another phrase that gives the same meaning, feel free to use that.












Email a picture of your meme to me on or before Friday, May 12, 2017. I'll send the winner the oil lamp! And I'll post the entries and the winner in a blog post and on my Facebook page next Sunday, May 14, 2017. Becky@purposedrivenmotherhood.com


Click here if you want to check out or join the Facebook group where we are studying 12 of my favorite talks in 12 weeks. This contest was spurred on by talk #4 by Elder Scott, Acquiring Spiritual Knowledge. Good stuff! 


No comments: