Wow... I had already noticed how many times the adversary was mentioned in last week's general conference, but I was astounded how many times our prophet mentioned this in his priesthood session talk called, "We Can Do Better and Be Better."
Here are ten quotes that stood out to me about the enemy's tactics and how to win this war.
How can we win a war without understanding the enemy's tactics?
Quotes from President Nelson:
1. We need to do better and be better because we are in a battle. The battle with sin is real.
2. The adversary is quadrupling his efforts to disrupt testimonies and impede the work of the Lord. (I added the emphasis here...Did anyone else notice that word?)
3. He is arming his minions with potent weapons to keep us from partaking of the joy and love of the Lord.
4. Repentance is the key to avoiding misery inflicted by traps of the adversary.
5. Many, if not most, of the temptations he puts in our path cause us to abuse our bodies or the bodies of others. Because Satan is miserable without a body, he wants us to be miserable because of ours.
6. The forces of evil have never raged more forcefully than they do today.
7. As servants of the Lord, we cannot be asleep while this battle rages.
8. After millennia of practicing his cunning arts, the adversary is experienced and incorrigible.
9. Gratefully, the priesthood we hold is far stronger than are the wiles of the adversary.
10. Make your focus on daily repentance so integral to your life that you can exercise the priesthood with greater power than ever before. This is the only way you will keep yourself and your family spiritually safe in the challenging days ahead.